Special Testing Accommodations

The ATCB offers two types of test accommodations. Exam candidates who are testing for state licensure should check for particular state requirements or limitations regarding accommodations.

If you are an ATR applying for Board Certification and you are requesting special examination accommodations to take the ATCBE, you must answer the required questions in the ATR-BC online application. If requesting special accommodations, your application MUST be submitted at least sixty (60) days prior to the examination date or testing window. In some instances, supporting documentation or a fee may be required as described below. Requests that are not accompanied by the required supporting documentation or fee cannot be approved.

Candidates With Disabilities

When completing your online ATR-BC application, be prepared to briefly identify the nature of your disability and provide (either by uploading or by postal mail) letterhead documentation from a qualified professional specifying diagnosis and recommended accommodations. You must specify the special accommodations and/or arrangements you will need to complete the ATCBE. Documentation may not be more than five years old. There is no fee for disability accommodation.

Candidates for Whom English is a Second Language

If English is not your native language, you may request two additional hours to test. You may also request a word-to-word translation dictionary (the dictionary must be non-electronic, must not define terms, and must be supplied by the examinee). There is a $60 fee for this accommodation in addition to the standard application fee, which must be paid at the time of application. This fee is non-refundable if you do not end up using the additional time or dictionary.

Special Examination Accommodations for State Examinees

If you are planning to test for state licensure and are in need of testing accommodations, you must contact your state licensure board for information regarding testing accommodations. The ATCB cannot provide accommodations without approval from your state licensure board.