The Art Therapy Credentials Board is committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization in which all board members, staff, volunteers, and credential holders feel respected and valued for their intersectional identities. We are committed to anti-discriminatory practices and to providing equal opportunities for governance, credentialing, and employment. We respect and value diverse lived experiences and commit to ensuring all voices are valued and heard. The ATCB is committed to modeling diversity, equity, and inclusion and to maintaining an organization that ensures equitable treatment for all.
The Art Therapy Credentials Board will strive to:
- Understand diversity, inclusion, and equity as connected to our mission and critical to our work and stakeholders.
- Acknowledge and dismantle inequities within our policies, systems, and services;
- Challenge operations and policies that create or sustain inequity, oppression, and disparity;
- Explore potential underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with diversity, equity, and inclusion practices;
- Advocate for and support board-level thinking about how systemic inequities impact our work and how best to address inequities in a manner consistent with our mission;
- Challenge assumptions about what it takes to be a strong leader within our organization, consider who is well-positioned to provide leadership, and continually examine who is missing from the table;
- Improve our multicultural leadership pipeline by identifying and supporting practices and policies that foster leadership reflective of the diversity of our communities;
- Commit time and resources to expand the diversity of leadership within the Board, staff, committees, and contractual relationships;
- Practice and encourage transparent policies and clear communication in all interactions;
- Assess and include exam items that reflect cultural humility as professional competency;
- Engage in leadership with respect and appreciation. All Board, staff, and committee leaders are expected to embrace the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion and demonstrate them in professional interactions.