The Art Therapy Credentials Board credential year is July-June. The window to complete annual renewals of credentials and board recertification is April 1-June 30.
There is a 30 day grace period July 1- July 31, a $30 late fee is assessed for any renewal or recertification submitted during the 30 day grace period.
The MyATCB portals are a safe way to ensure shared and available information. Although the ATCB reaches every credential holder due for renewal and recertification, there are natural limits on the frequency of these efforts due to administrative costs, data protection regulations, and the lack of up-to-date information from credential holders. We understand that reminders are helpful, but please note that those are courtesy’s that the ATCB cannot always provide. Therefore, the ATCB asks credential holders to remember to do the following:
- Please be sure to update your email address and other personal information in your MyATCB portal. Please note the ATCB National Office cannot access your portal space to complete this for you. If you need assistance accessing your portal please contact the National Office email@example.com.
- Please check your email SPAM folder, quarantine filters, or promotional tabs. If an email from ATCB was diverted, then please mark the sender as safe.
- Please visit the MyATCB portals and the website from time to time for updates and other information.
- Please mark your calendars with renewal and recertification reminders. As of 2018, ATCB discontinued individual reminders by mail (as have many licensure boards and other credentialing organizations). In addition, ATCB minimally uses mass emails due to privacy and security concerns and the lack of current email addresses. The windows for renewals and recertification open every April 1 and close every June 30.
- Please let the National Office know when you encounter events that hinder your ability to maintain your credential. The ATCB works with credential holders as best as possible while maintaining its mission.
*Please select your credential below to learn more about the requirements for maintaining your credential and board certification.